Spacious. Natural. Comfortable.
Overnight Dog Boarding
Bring your dog to board at our one of a kind facility for an overnight or a few weeks! Wind River Tails & Trails is designed to create a safe, home-away-from-home environment for your dog while you’re away.
We are the best facility in Missoula and the Bitterroot that provides large open yards and available access between our outdoor and indoor areas. The dogs can enjoy playing in the grassy yards or take a nap in our heated/cooled barns.
We are a cage and crate free kennel that supports dogs being happy in a natural and comfortable environment.
Dogs will be boarded individually in their own “Backyard Suite” OR can be integrated into our daycare and play groups for additional socialization and play!
We also offer a few Boarding Upgrade Services to enhance your dog’s stay with us! See our menu for options.
Drop Off & Pick Up Hours:
8 AM – 10 AM, 12 PM – 1 PM, 5 PM – 7 PM
Please review our Cancellation Policies.
How Do You Board Your Dog with Us?
There are three steps you need to take in order to get set up to board with us:
- Fill out our New Client Application. You can find a downloadable copy by clicking HERE and looking at the box at the top of the page.
- Provide us with a copy of current vaccination records. You can bring us a hard copy or have your vet fax them to us — whichever is easier.
- Schedule your New Client Boarding Evaluation. This is a FREE Half-Day at the ranch for your dog — you get to meet us, we get to meet them, and we see how they do!
Boarding is billed per night — $35/Night for 1 Dog, $15/Night for each additional dog in the same family.
Sleepover Supplies List
The following is a list of everything your pup needs to enjoy his or her stay with us!
- Your dog’s food in a resealable, hard-sided container. Please bring enough for the duration of your dog’s stay, plus one day’s extra (just in case!)
- We are able to prepare/administer special diets, refrigerated, or frozen food
- Your dog’s food bowl (we supply water containers)
- Your dog’s medications or nutritional supplements (if any)
- A bed or blanket (something that smells like home)
- We have plenty of extra blankets and bedding to provide your dog with cozy sleeping quarters
- Any toys and/or treats you wish your dog to have
- A flat collar, martingale collar, or body harness with up-to-date identification tags
- Current vaccination records
We require documented proof of the following vaccinations on file prior to any dog visiting the facility. This includes both boarding and services.
- Puppies must have at least their first set of DHPP vaccines prior to utilizing our Puppy Yard, boarding, or group training class services.
- Dogs of an appropriate age must have current DHPP and Rabies vaccines.
- We recommend but do not require the Bordatella (Kennel Cough) vaccine.
Exceptions to vaccination requirements:
- In lieu of vaccinations, we will accept a FAVN Titer test certificate every two years for Distemper, Parvovirus, and Rabies. We recommend titer testing and employ it with our Karelian Wildlife Service Dogs to prevent unnecessary vaccinations, and are happy to provide information on the benefits of Titers if you are interested!
- Any dog over 10 years of age with a documented regular vaccination history is exempt from further vaccinations
Make an Online Boarding Reservation!
New Clients – Schedule your Boarding Evaluation
Existing Clients – Make an online Boarding Reservation
Leave your dog someplace they love with family you can trust!
Our Standard of Care:
Your dog will receive individual love and attention from our kennel staff, as well as environmental enrichment. Here’s what dogs are treated to when they stay at Wind River!
- 24/7 indoor-outdoor access between our natural-grass yards and heated/cooled barns
- Dog-safe toys available in every yard
- Individual attention by our kennel staff throughout the day
- Day-time small play groups with other compatible dogs if requested by owner.
- Practice of polite gate behavior by our trained kennel staff as they move in and out of the yards
- Is your dog here for an extended stay? We rotate the yard your dog stays in so they get different neighbors and different views!
- Staff on-site overnight
- Nightly Snuggle-Downs