Welcome to Wind River Tails & TrailsPartnership Dog Training & Quality Boarding
“Dedicated to the love and care of all dogs great and small”
Wind River Tails & Trails is a one-of-a-kind facility for companion and service dog training, as well as providing a natural, comfortable environment for our boarding clients. We serve Missoula and the Bitterroot valley, as well as working with non-local clients through our unique Board & Train program. We are the supporting arm and headquarters of the Wind River Bear Institute, where we raise and train our Karelian Wildlife Service Dogs for work in three countries!
Are you attending the Doggie Dash 2016??? Hosted at Silver Park in Missoula, MT, this is a fun run and pet expo where you get to run with your best friend! We will be hosting Canine Good Citizen testing during the Expo, with tests running at 11:30AM, 12:30PM, and 1:30PM with a limit of 10 dog/handler teams per test. Visit the AKC website to learn more about the test, and email us to pre-register!
- Break the routine of an everyday hike and try something new: “Partnership Training.”
- Improve communication with your dog and better the quality of both your lifestyles.
- We train in real-life situations to teach you and your dog practical skills.
- Based upon our 20 years of proven techniques training our Wind River Bear Institute Karelian Bear Dogs.
- Offering Private Lessons, Board & Train, and Group Classes!
This is the only facility that you can reserve the equivalent of a private backyard for your dog! Leave your dog someplace you can trust, and they can enjoy being a dog.
- Private & group boarding
- Stress-free, natural environment
- Outside of the city
- HUGE, grassy yards
- Nightly “snuggle-downs”
- Staff on site all night
- Your dog will stay at our facility while we change more than just superficial bad habits.
- Our goal is to create a fundamental understanding for the desired behavior that we want out of the dog.
- Your dog will be around trained staff that provides a consistent environment for the duration of its training.
- An effective and extensive training option.
Located Just 12 Minutes South of Missoulabetween Lolo and Florence, in the beautiful Bitterroot Valley!
Wind River Tails & Trails
5353 E. Carlton Creek Rd.
PO Box 1299
Florence, MT 59833
Phone: (406) 273-4899
Fax: (406) 273-4752
Drop Off & Pick Up Hours - 8-10AM & 6-7PM
By appointment. Call or email to schedule!
Office Hours: Variable. We are in and out training and supervising the kennel. Please leave a voicemail or shoot us an email if you don’t reach us and we will return messages as quickly as possible!