Welcome to Wind River Tails & TrailsPartnership Dog Training & Quality Boarding
“Dedicated to the love and care of all dogs great and small”
Wind River Tails & Trails is a one-of-a-kind facility for companion and service dog training, as well as providing a natural, comfortable environment for our boarding clients. We serve Missoula and the Bitterroot valley, as well as working with non-local clients through our unique Board & Train program. We are the supporting arm and headquarters of the Wind River Bear Institute, where we raise and train our Karelian Wildlife Service Dogs for work in three countries!
ATTENTION: Due to the outbreak of the H3N2 dog flu having reached Montana, Wind River Tails & Trails will be closely monitoring your dogs’ health during their stay at our facility for any signs of illness. Any sick or suspected sick dogs will be quarantined and sent home. Please make arrangements with an emergency contact in the area who can pick up and keep your dog in the event they become ill. This policy is in place to protect the health and safety of your dog, and every other dog who calls WRT&T their home-away-from-home. Missoula and the surrounding area has not had a confirmed case of the illness, and we are taking every precaution to ensure that WRT&T also remains illness-free. This policy will remain in effect until the threat of this illness has passed. Although WRT&T will not require the vaccine, ask your veterinarian if you are interested in getting your dog vaccinated.Thank you for your understanding!
To ring in the new year, we have DROPPED OUR BOARDING RATES! Our Overnight Boarding has been reduced to $35/1st dog, $15/additional dog. Our Day Board is now only $25 for a single dog, and a $40/flat rate for 2 or more dogs. Training clients still get the reduced price of $20/day!
Getting a new puppy for Christmas? Looking to have a better relationship with your dog as part of your New Year’s Resolution? We have new classes starting! Our AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Class for puppies under one year, and our Basic Partnership Training for dogs of any age, as well as specialty clinics. Check out our training page to learn more!
- Break the routine of an everyday hike and try something new: “Partnership Training.”
- Improve communication with your dog and better the quality of both your lifestyles.
- We train in real-life situations to teach you and your dog practical skills.
- Based upon our 20 years of proven techniques training our Wind River Bear Institute Karelian Bear Dogs.
- Offering group lessons, private lessons, and board & train!
This is the only facility that you can reserve the equivalent of a private backyard for your dog! Leave your dog someplace you can trust, and they can enjoy being a dog.
- Individual & group boarding
- Stress-free, natural environment
- Outside of the city
- HUGE, grassy yards
- Nightly “snuggle-downs”
- Your dog will stay at our facility while we change more than just superficial bad habits,
- Our goal is to create a fundamental understanding for the desired behavior that we want out of the dog.
- Your dog will be around trained staff that provides a consistent environment for the duration of its training
- An effective and extensive training option.
Located Just 12 Minutes South of Missoulabetween Lolo and Florence, in the beautiful Bitterroot Valley!