Wind River Tails & Trails
Pet & Service Dog Training
Kennel-Free, Natural Boarding
Who Are We?
We are a one-of-a-kind facility for service dog and pet dog training, as well as providing a natural, comfortable environment for our boarding clients. We offer a unique Service Dog training program, and work to create a lasting partnership between all dogs and their human companions through our groundbreaking approach to training. We are the supporting arm and headquarters of the Wind River Bear Institute, where we raise and train our Karelian Bear Dogs for wildlife conservation work in three countries!
Happy Summer, Dog friends and family! Our boarding and training services are FULL during the summers, so remember to get your reservations in early!
Please Note – We do not host outdoor training if the temperature is greater than 90 degrees. Lessons should, if possible, be scheduled during the morning or evening hours outside of the heat of the day.
We have TWO GROUP CLASSES available:
Starting Friday, 6/23/17 6-7PM is a Basic Partnership Training Class – open to all ages, beginning/basic level training.
Starting Sunday, 7/9/2017 4-5PM is an Applied Partnership Training Class – open only to graduates of our Basics class or equivalent private lessons. Intermediate/Advanced level off-site training!
You can register for classes by clicking >>> HERE <<<
- Break the routine of an everyday hike and try something new: “Partnership Training.”
- Improve communication with your dog and better the quality of both your lifestyles.
- We train in real-life situations to teach you and your dog practical skills.
- Based upon our 20 years of proven techniques training our Wind River Bear Institute Karelian Bear Dogs.
- Offering Private Lessons, Board & Train, and Group Classes!
- Cageless boarding
- Small, structured play groups
- Enhanced socialization & day training options
- Stress-free, natural environment
- Outside of the city
- HUGE, grassy yards
- Nightly “snuggle-downs”
- Staff on site all night
- Train your own dog or adopt a temperament-assessed shelter dog
- Training for physical and psychiatric disabilities
- Owner Training through private lessons AND Board & Train available
- Accessible & affordable, with a great support system
- Join a family related by Dog that values the daily presence of four-legged friends.
- All proceeds from our training and boarding services go to support our wildlife-saving work with our Karelian Bear Dogs
- Our Mission: “To conduct meaningful work in the realm of animal to human communication and coexistence…” (Visit the Wind River Bear Institute)
Located Just 12 Minutes South of Missoulabetween Lolo and Florence, in the beautiful Bitterroot Valley!
Wind River Tails & Trails
5353 E. Carlton Creek Rd.
PO Box 1299
Florence, MT 59833
Phone: (406) 273-4899
Fax: (406) 273-4752
Boarding & Daycare Hours:
Drop Off & Pick Up Hours – 8-10AM, 12-1PM, 5-7PM
By appointment. Call or email to schedule!
Office Hours: Variable. We are in and out training and supervising the kennel. Please leave a voicemail or shoot us an email if you don’t reach us and we will return messages as quickly as possible!