Wind River Tails & TrailsPet & Service Dog Training + Kennel-Free, Natural Boarding
Who Are We?
We are a one-of-a-kind facility for service dog and pet dog training, as well as providing a natural, comfortable environment for our boarding clients. We offer a unique Service Dog training program, and work to create a lasting partnership between all dogs and their human companions through our groundbreaking approach to training. We are the supporting arm and headquarters of the Wind River Bear Institute, where we raise and train our Karelian Bear Dogs for wildlife conservation work in three countries!
SPRING GROUP CLASSES SCHEDULED! With the changing of the seasons, we have scheduled our first group classes of the year. Remember to check out our Group Classes page to learn more about what’s offered in each class. Our Spring lineup includes the following:
- PUPPY/BASIC PARTNERSHIP TRAINING starts SUNDAY, 4/23/17 from 4-5PM
- CANINE GOOD CITIZEN PREPARATION starts SATURDAY, 4/15/17 from 1-2PM
- BRAIN GAMES 1 starts SATURDAY, 4/22/17 from 11:45AM-12:45PM
You can register for any of these classes by visiting our SQUARE ONLINE STORE! CLICK HERE!
- Break the routine of an everyday hike and try something new: “Partnership Training.”
- Improve communication with your dog and better the quality of both your lifestyles.
- We train in real-life situations to teach you and your dog practical skills.
- Based upon our 20 years of proven techniques training our Wind River Bear Institute Karelian Bear Dogs.
- Offering Private Lessons, Board & Train, and Group Classes!
- Train your own dog or adopt a temperament-assessed shelter dog
- Training for physical and psychiatric disabilities
- Owner Training through private lessons AND Board & Train available
- Accessible & affordable, with a great support system
- Join a family related by Dog that values the daily presence of four-legged friends.
- All proceeds from our training and boarding services go to support our wildlife-saving work with our Karelian Bear Dogs
- Our Mission: “To conduct meaningful work in the realm of animal to human communication and coexistence…” (Visit the Wind River Bear Institute)
Located Just 12 Minutes South of Missoulabetween Lolo and Florence, in the beautiful Bitterroot Valley!
Wind River Tails & Trails
5353 E. Carlton Creek Rd.
PO Box 1299
Florence, MT 59833
Phone: (406) 273-4899
Fax: (406) 273-4752
Drop Off & Pick Up Hours – 8-10AM & 6-7PM
By appointment. Call or email to schedule!
Office Hours: Variable. We are in and out training and supervising the kennel. Please leave a voicemail or shoot us an email if you don’t reach us and we will return messages as quickly as possible!