Welcome to Wind River Tails & TrailsPartnership Dog Training & Quality Boarding
“Dedicated to the love and care of all dogs great and small”
Wind River Tails & Trails is a one-of-a-kind facility for companion and service dog training, as well as providing a natural, comfortable environment for our boarding clients. We serve Missoula and the Bitterroot valley, as well as working with non-local clients through our unique Board & Train program. We are the supporting arm and headquarters of the Wind River Bear Institute, where we raise and train our Karelian Wildlife Service Dogs for work in three countries!
We are now offering Semi-Private Lessons! These are available to 2 dogs and 2 handlers for $100/lesson. This is the perfect option for multi-dog families or friends who want to train and learn together. Get all the benefits of a private lesson at a reduced cost! Note: These lessons are available for House & Field Manners or specialty training only. Behavioral issues will only be addressed one-on-one so that we can dedicate all of our attention to helping the dog in need!
We will be offering an Antler Shed-Hunting Group Course this summer! Dogs of any level of training are welcome but we recommend knowing some basic behaviors like Sit, Come, etc. Please email us if you are interested! No dates have been set yet.
- Break the routine of an everyday hike and try something new: “Partnership Training.”
- Improve communication with your dog and better the quality of both your lifestyles.
- We train in real-life situations to teach you and your dog practical skills.
- Based upon our 20 years of proven techniques training our Wind River Bear Institute Karelian Bear Dogs.
- Offering Private Lessons, Board & Train, and Group Classes!
This is the only facility that you can reserve the equivalent of a private backyard for your dog! Leave your dog someplace you can trust, and they can enjoy being a dog.
- Private & group boarding
- Stress-free, natural environment
- Outside of the city
- HUGE, grassy yards
- Nightly “snuggle-downs”
- Staff on site all night
- Your dog will stay at our facility while we change more than just superficial bad habits.
- Our goal is to create a fundamental understanding for the desired behavior that we want out of the dog.
- Your dog will be around trained staff that provides a consistent environment for the duration of its training.
- An effective and extensive training option.
Located Just 12 Minutes South of Missoulabetween Lolo and Florence, in the beautiful Bitterroot Valley!
Wind River Tails & Trails
5353 E. Carlton Creek Rd.
PO Box 1299
Florence, MT 59833
Phone: (406) 273-4899
Fax: (406) 273-4752
Drop Off & Pick Up Hours - 8-10AM & 6-7PM
By appointment. Call or email to schedule!
Office Hours: Variable. We are in and out training and supervising the kennel. Please leave a voicemail or shoot us an email if you don’t reach us and we will return messages as quickly as possible!