Wind River Tails & Trails
Pet & Service Dog Training
Kennel-Free, Natural Boarding
Who Are We?
We are a one-of-a-kind facility for service dog and pet dog training, as well as providing a natural, comfortable environment for our boarding clients. We offer a unique Service Dog training program, and work to create a lasting partnership between all dogs and their human companions through our groundbreaking approach to training. We are the supporting arm and headquarters of the Wind River Bear Institute, where we raise and train our Karelian Bear Dogs for wildlife conservation work in three countries!
LOLO PEAK FIRE UPDATE – The leading edge of Lolo Peak Complex Fire is visible on the mountain opposite the ranch. Because of our location on the other side of Highway 93 and the railroad tracks, we are in a relatively safe position and should not be in any immediate danger. HOWEVER, there is still a risk that we will need to evacuate the kennel. We are asking all of our owners/emergency contacts to be on standby to receive dogs should we need to evacuate, and will be contacting everyone with this information. We have emergency protocols in place to keep everyone safe should the need arise. Thank you everyone for your concern!
In the meantime, we thank everyone for their patience in responding to non-emergency phone calls and emails. The safety of all the dogs in our care is our number one priority!
- Break the routine of an everyday hike and try something new: “Partnership Training.”
- Improve communication with your dog and better the quality of both your lifestyles.
- We train in real-life situations to teach you and your dog practical skills.
- Based upon our 20 years of proven techniques training our Wind River Bear Institute Karelian Bear Dogs.
- Offering Private Lessons, Board & Train, and Group Classes!
- Cageless boarding
- Small, structured play groups
- Enhanced socialization & day training options
- Stress-free, natural environment
- Outside of the city
- HUGE, grassy yards
- Nightly “snuggle-downs”
- Staff on site all night
- Train your own dog or adopt a temperament-assessed shelter dog
- Training for physical and psychiatric disabilities
- Owner Training through private lessons AND Board & Train available
- Accessible & affordable, with a great support system
- Join a family related by Dog that values the daily presence of four-legged friends.
- All proceeds from our training and boarding services go to support our wildlife-saving work with our Karelian Bear Dogs
- Our Mission: “To conduct meaningful work in the realm of animal to human communication and coexistence…” (Visit the Wind River Bear Institute)
Located Just 12 Minutes South of Missoulabetween Lolo and Florence, in the beautiful Bitterroot Valley!
Wind River Tails & Trails
5353 E. Carlton Creek Rd.
PO Box 1299
Florence, MT 59833
Phone: (406) 273-4899
Fax: (406) 273-4752
Boarding & Daycare Hours:
Drop Off & Pick Up Hours – 8-10AM, 12-1PM, 5-7PM
By appointment. Call or email to schedule!
Office Hours: Variable. We are in and out training and supervising the kennel. Please leave a voicemail or shoot us an email if you don’t reach us and we will return messages as quickly as possible!